Our Code of Ethics
Our purpose is to promote high standards of business practice based on ethical values
Our values are:
We have due regard for the feelings, wishes and rights of all our stakeholders
We communicate with our stakeholders openly and welcome discussion and enquiry
We treat all our stakeholders responsibly and conduct ourselves in a professional, fair and truthful manner
NIBE is accountable for its conduct and governance, through our directors, to the Charity Commission and abides by its guidelines. Currently the directors are all volunteers and there are no paid employees.
People must not be treated less favourably because of:
- gender reassignment
- marriage or civil partnership (in employment only)
- pregnancy and maternity
- religion or belief
- sexual orientation
the characteristics protected by the Equality Act 2010:
Our commitments to Subscribers and Partners
We treat subscribers and other organisations with whom we work with respect and professionalism. We:
- Conduct ourselves with integrity
- Seek to be honest and fair in our relationships
- Treat all complaints seriously
- Treat all corporate and personal information confidentially
We regularly collaborate with like minded partners to help advance our mission. We undertake due diligence on partners as appropriate to the circumstance and nature of the partnership
We are committed to act to act to minimise waste through recycling, and where feasible, using public transport
We aim to uphold our values in our supply chain and encourage our suppliers to embed responsible business practices in their own organisations. We will use Fairtrade products wherever possible.
Our commitments to our Suppliers
We try to build strong, collaborative relationships with suppliers. We:
- Practice fair and transparent procurement
- Treat suppliers with respect
- Seek to be honest and fair in our relationships with suppliers including those from whom we commission work Pay suppliers in accordance with agreed terms and on time, abiding by the Prompt Payment Code
- Do not offer, pay or accept bribes or favours
- Encourage suppliers to abide by the principles of this guide
- Aim to procure goods and services from those demonstrating good ethical practice
- Support ethical trade through our purchasing practices.
Conflict of interest
Any conflict of interest must be declared.
Responding to complaints
All complaints will be acknowledged and answered by a Director or officer as soon as practicable.
An integral part of our purpose in promoting good business practice is not only to raise awareness, disseminate knowledge of business ethics, but also to engage with the public across the region. We welcome enquiries from members of the public on a range of business ethics issues.